Clem’s super simple pancakes have been a B&B staple for years. The key to making these pancakes is to allow the mixture to thicken and to add yoghurt or buttermilk (or even sour cream) to help make these pancakes something special.
2 cups of Krusteaz’s Pancake Mix
enough water to make a thick batter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup of buttermilk (or sour cream, or Greek yoghurt)
Butter for the grill
mashed bananas (optional)
1. Start with 2 cups of pancake mix, and then add cinnamon.
2. Add enough water to make a thick batter.
3. Leave the mixture for an hour.
4. Add your choice of dairy (buttermilk, sour cream or Greek yoghurt). Add mashed banana (optional).
5. Add some more water in order to thin the mixture to a heavy cream consistency.
6. Use either an iron skillet or a grill (as pictured above). Heat the grill until it begins to smoke and then add some butter.
7. Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter per pancake. When bubbles form, loosen and then flip. Cook another minute, or until both sides are brown.